Le Castagne Serves $26,000 Truffle Dinner For Four
Deep-pocketed foodies better really love subterranean mushrooms for this indulgence. The Philadelphia Italian restaurant Le Castagne is offering a $26,000 truffle dinner for four -- tip not included.
"The CEOs and the top management are people we think this might appeal to," Le Castagne managing partner Anthony Masapollo told The Huffington Post.
He added that he hopes to attract celebrities as well, mentioning Cameron Diaz and Jimmy Buffett as boldfaces who have dined at his restaurant. "Obviously this isn't for everyone," he said to HuffPost. "This stands out, and this is what we we wanted to do."
The deal includes a 47mm Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 Amagnetic 3 Days Automatic Titanio watch, which retails for around $11,000, according to Gear Patrol.
Explaining the timepiece tie-in in a press release, Masapollo said,"Timing is critical for both cooking the most delicious food as well as harvesting Italian truffles, the most expensive food in the world."
The nine-course meal features white truffles, a delicacy that can cost more than$6,000 a pound, according to CNN.
So here's the menu, available now and ending when the restaurant can't procure anymore truffles, Masapollo said:
- puree of pumpkin soup, faro almonds, pumpkin oil and white truffles
- milanese style egg, truffle bread crumb, spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, truffle vinaigrette and humboldt fog goat cheese
- beef tartare with marinated pioppini mushrooms, shaved parmesan cheese, quail egg, and white truffle ricotta mousse
- tagliatelle con tartufi bianchi pasta with parmesan cheese sauce and white shaved truffle
- veal rack, roasted baby potatoes, turnips, bacon, parmesan and shaved white truffle
- roasted quail stuffed with house-made sausage, potato, guanciale and finished with black truffle demi-glace
- creamy polenta, wild mushrooms, pancetta and shaved white truffles
- fillet of dover sole stuffed with scallop, shrimp mousse and black truffle beurre blanc
- chocolate lava cake with truffle ricotta gelato and honey
- wine pairing with each course from the world-renowned Antinori Estates
- one limited-edition 47mm Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 Amagnetic 3 Days Automatic Titanio wristwatch
- one full-day Italian cooking class conducted by Le Castagne executive chef Michael DeLone.
One last thing in case you're considering a dine and dash: You'll have to pay up front.